We have a 20 acre property with ranch house available for $119,000. It has commanding views, excellent quality well water, off grid, perfect privacy, and 30 minutes from cosmopolitan Bend, charming Prineville, and Redmond Airport.
We also have a 20 acre buildable property available for $76,000, described below.
We are also preparing a 160 acre historic homestead for sale.
Please call 1 541 306 6356 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If you're looking for your own ranch, hunting, or homestead land, you've come to the right place.
Bear Creek Valley Ranch
- with Conditional Use Permit (CUP) in place, 20 acres, excellent water well in place.
Size: The 20 acre Bear Creek Valley Ranch is rectangular, one quarter mile by one eighth mile in size, with a perimeter three quarters of a mile around.
Location: 30 minutes east of Bend, Oregon, off Highway 27. (This is not a Juniper Acres property).
History: The land was homesteaded by Albin Peterson who took ownership of the land in accordance with the Homestead Act. Peterson improved the land as required by the Act, and received a deed signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on September 27, 1937. Peterson used the homestead for grazing, farming, and mining exploration. Click here for the original homestead record. Go to Land Patents and enter Oregon and Crook County, and then Albin Peterson). Some of Peterson's descendants still live in Central Oregon. Many of the Juniper posts used in fencing the ranch were originally built by Peterson.
Features of the Ranch:
- legal ability to build. This property has a Conditional Use Permit (CUP). A CUP is a significant legal document that means the property has been given permission by the County to build a residence. Septic tests have been completed.
- water well in place.
- legal and physical access.
- owner financing or ready bank financing is available.
- medical facilities within 30 minutes of this property are superb. Top-notch specialist doctors have been attracted to the region because of the lifestyle opporunities. The urgent care Bend Memorial Clinic and the main hospital at St. Charles Medical Center are world-class, outstanding facilities with efficient and polite staff. Just visit these hospitals and look around.
- the land has varied elevation, with both flat and steep areas, and is covered by mature Juniper trees.
- excellent mountain views and several potential home sites.
- in an area known for good underground water; there are water wells on the adjacent properties.
- we will transfer all mineral rights that we own to the new owner.
- excellent for sustainable living and stewardship of the land.
- full ownership of the land: no homeowners' association fees, no sharing of common land, no fractional ownership.
- favorable climate for people - and equipment, too. Facebook has its operating servers located near Prineville in an enterprise zone, where the temperature swing between warm days and cool, dry nights controls the servers' temperature.
- large size, where a man can roam his own land and keep his own horses and cattle.
- direct access via the entry to the ranch to thousands of acres of Bureau of Land Management federal land, leading all the way to Prineville Reservoir and beyond to the east and west. Large expanses of National Forest land are also in the area:
- horse, hiking, and mountain bike trails are on the property itself, and trails lead directly from the property to hundreds of miles of trails through BLM and national forest. Ride your horse non-stop beginning at your property and beyond through these trails.
- a mailbox and regular US Mail delivery.
- wildlife viewing of numerous bird populations, deer, antelope, and (seasonally) elk.
- boating, water skiing, and fishing nearby at the beautiful Prineville Reservoir:
- potential areas for deer plots, in which forage is grown to attract and build deer and wildlife populations.
- hunting on your own property, which is especially advantageous as the quality of hunting on public land declines.
- unlimited firewood, excellent firepit or BBQ locations.
- plenty of space for trap or skeet shooting.
- people from east of the Mississippi will find the lack of biting insects to be delightful.
- pure air and nearly 300 days of sunshine each year.
- snow skiing at Mount Bachelor, an hour away:
- there is world class trout fishing in the region:
- proximity to historical sites including the Meek wagon train trail and old homestead sites. Excellent historical information is available at the Bowman Museum and the Crook County Historical Society in Prineville and pioneering and homesteading information is at the High Desert Museum.
- Blue Bucket Mine country. Gold mining supplies and information can be found at the Blue Bucket Mining Company in Bend. The photograph below was not taken on the property.
- rockhounding and geology: information at High Desert Gift
- high speed broadband internet available - it’s becoming more and more necessary today.
- possibilities for helicopter landing sites.
- golf at one of the 25 golf courses in the region listed here.
- Astronomical study is popular in the area and can be done on the ranch itself or at the Pine Mountain Observatory
- a very well-written diary of life on a 20 acre ranch in the region, including tips on building, is available here. The diary notes that for a property of this size, it will take a lot of walking around to select the best spots.
- Bird watching is one of the fastest growing activities in the region.
- the region is a center for national cycling, and it is common to see cycling teams in training.